Objectives

  • Review and approve Agenda
  • Consent Calendar Item & Financial Reports
  • Schedule Strategic Plan ad-hoc Committee meeting
  • Discuss & Determine next in-person board meeting date
  • Discuss, nominate and vote(?) on new executive committee
  • Commitments to Silent Auction for Conference
  • Hear the new Pipeline Report (synopsis of the E.D. Report)
  • Development efforts
  • New Advisory Council Application discussion
  • Regional Councils efforts and support
  • Review new action items (July’s incorporated into this agenda below)

Call in Information

Access: 641-715-3274

Code: 641774#

 

 

Agenda

12:00 Noon – Call to Order & Roll Call – Emily

12:05 PM – Approve Agenda – Emily

12:15 PM – Approve Consent Calendar – Emily

12:20 PM – Old Business

  • Strategic Plan – ad hoc committee update – Nancy Sappington
  • Determine when next in-person Board Meeting should be held –  – Emily
  • Executive Committee Nominations – Emily & Nancy H. (Online Ballot here)
  • Conference Silent Auction update – Emina

12:35 PM – The New Pipeline Report (overview of the E.D. report) – Nancy H.

12:40 PM – Development (Friendraising & Fundraising) – Emily

  • Determine when next in-person Board Meeting should be held – Survey – Emily
  • Locate former corporate sponsor list update – Isby
  • Other efforts deferred till in-person meeting

12:45 PM – Discussion regarding a New Application Submitted for Advisory Council Seat – Nancy H.

  • Kit Jory, Urban Forester for Fremont, CA (Application attached)
  • What will this mean to the organization, reactivating the Advisory Council? What will the advisors do? How will the effort be managed? Etc.

12:50 PM – Regional Council Board Members – Nancy H.

  • Ad hoc committee: needs a chairperson (on ballot)
  • Tasks so far for committee to address:
    • Review seven Councils’ structures? Make recommendations for local procedures, etc.?
    • Contribute to new Strategic Plan
    • Submit brief reports monthly to Nancy H. (attached in this packet)
    • Inter-council communication and sharing
    • Level of participation
    • Other?

1:00 PM – Review new action items

1:10 PM – Adjourn

Fundraising Campaign 2019

  • Total 5.625% 5.625%
  • Bob 0% 0%
  • Daniel 0% 0%
  • Dave 0% 0%
  • Emily 10% 10%
  • Gordon 0% 0%
  • Isby 20% 20%
  • Laura 0% 0%
  • Matt 14.5% 14.5%

Action Items

  • Review and renew a contract for the lease agreement; approaching end of 2nd year. – attached in board packet
  • Nancy to schedule a 2018 audit. – Nancy has reached out to auditor
  • Nancy and Emily and Deb to made sheet distinguishing titles and roles of two types of Board Members. It will be noted that if Regional Council members take on executive roles; they will have to take on fundraising requirements. Nancy completed this draft document entitled Governance Framework
  • Nancy to draft absentee language for bylaws. Nancy completed this draft attached
  • Communications Plan review/updates
  • Nancy to develop form for regional councils to report at meetings
  • Email Board for Conference committee members, ideas, and sponsors. – sponsorship form attached