June 20, 2019
12:00 Noon – 1:30 PM
- Review and
- Review and approve Consent Calendar Items
- Address Strategic Plan
- Discuss & Determine next in-person board meeting date
- Discuss, nominate and vote(?) on
- Commitments to Silent Auction for Conference
- Hear the new Pipeline Report
- Review Friendraising & Fundraising opportunities and goals
- Review new action items (June’s incorporated into this agenda)
- Complete Emily’s CaUFC Meeting Survey
At Large Board Members: Emily Spillett, Bob Blum, Magen Shaw, Daniel Kump, Gordon Mann, Isby Fleishmann, Matt Deines, Sarah Gaskin, Elizabeth Lanham
Excused – Emina Darakjy, Anne
Unexcused – Dave Duncan, Laura Burnett
12:04 Call to Order & Introductions
12:11 Approve Consent Calendar
- 6.20.19 Board Meeting Minutes
- Executive Director’s Report
- Communications Director’s Report
12:40 PM – Old Business
– ad hoc committee update – Nancy Sappington – not on call. No update; meeting to be scheduled in August.
Next in-person Board Meeting
Determine when next in-person Board Meeting should be held – Doodle Poll? – Everyone needs to complete the poll before the next meeting. Emily will resend poll to everyone.
Need to focus on Executive Board moving forward. Need President-Elect, and time to transition other positions as well. Nancy will send a nomination form; Board members to complete and send to Emily and Nancy; ballot will be ready for the next meeting. Refer to updated roster sent by Nancy (will be posted on
Conference Silent Auction update
Emina sent an email. Board members to send auction items/ideas to Emina.
The New Pipeline Report – Nancy
Very similar to last month; Nancy provided updates on all
A few highlights—we (via CALFIRE) have funding for shothole borer educational materials and tree removal/replanting. CDFA has funds for monitoring, etc.; Nancy will share information with all Board Members once available.
Board Members need to register! Funding for travel available as needed.
Development (Friend raising & Fundraising) – Emily
Updates and Discussion
Can happen at
Board member Commitments
Board member Commitments/timeline/goals/accomplishments– on website
Discuss annual calendar (regular and in-person meetings) – on website
Communications Plan/Strategic Plan
Board Members to review the Communications Plan/Strategic Plan and identify questions/thoughts for 2019 goals/actions.
Regional Council Board Members
- Need leadership. Include this in the nomination form. Goal to facilitate collaboration amongst councils.
- Clarification- Regional Board Members expected to participate in monthly calls.
- Review Councils’ structure? Can be discussed through leadership/ad hoc committee. This may also need to be addressed through the Strategic Plan. Emily and Nancy to follow up with Regional Council members.
- Council updates should be provided at every
meeting,and monthly newsletters. (None today)
12:48 PM – Adjourned
- Emily – schedule Strategic Plan meeting for August. Emily and Nancy to follow up with Regional Council members regarding leadership and structure; this discussion incorporated into Strategic Plan discussion.
- All – complete poll for meeting preferences
- Nancy – create and send an Executive Committee Nomination Form.
- All – Send nominations to Emily/Nancy before next meeting (Or sooner so ballot can be prepared??)
- All – Register for
conference; send silent auction items/ideas to Emina.
- All – review the Communications Plan/Strategic Plan and identify questions/thoughts for 2019 goals/actions.