Minutes: January 21, 2021
Board Members: Mona Cummings, Laura Burnett, Bob Blum, Jillian Keller, Magen Shaw, Emina Darakjy, Sarah Gaskin, Nancy Sappington, Isby Fleischmann
Staff: Nancy Hughes, Deb Etheredge
Excused – Daniel Kump, Anne Fenkner, Unexcused – Gordon Mann
- Review, Approve agenda, Consent Calendar
- Discuss Strategic Plan progress
- Determine Dates for Board Trainings 2021
- Discuss Bylaws Review
- Board Elections
- Organize and Schedule Regional Council Leadership Zoom event
Call to Order – Daniel Kump was unable to attend so President-Elect Emina Darakjy called the meeting to order at 12:08 PM
- The board reviewed and unanimously approved the agenda at 12:09 PM
- The board reviewed and unanimously approved the consent calendar at 12:12 PM
- The election for Executive Committee Members was finalized – Sarah Gaskin is the new Secretary, and Laura Barnett is the new Treasurer – with terms through December 2023.
- Draft Strategic Plan to be submitted to Board Members for February meeting
- Our Anti-Racism Training is schedule for the evening of March 18th at 6pm. Mark your calendars! Nancy Hughes and Sarah Gaskin will have a call with Jeramiah Sims regarding our anti-racism board event training content.
- Regional Council partnership webinar opportunities were discussed with a $1,000 bonus for organizing events with CaUFC.
- Nancy Hughes Reviewed the draft 2021 budget and the budget was preliminarily approved. Final approval in February after board members have had time to review.
- Nancy Hughes mentioned we are working with Assemblymember Caballeros office on a potential urban forestry bill in the Sacramento legislature.
- Next meeting for February 18, 2021
- Equity Session: March 18th @ 6pm
Meeting adjourned 12.57pm