Minutes: March 19, 2020
Board Members: Emily Spillett, Emina Darakjy, Mona Cummings, Sarah Gaskin, Laura Burnett, Gordon Mann, Bob Blum, Daniel Kump, Elizabeth Lanham, Nancy Sappington, Isby Fleischmann, Anne Fenker
Staff: Nancy Hughes, Deb Etheredge
Jeff Reimer, Dave Duncan, Matt Deines
- Review, Approve agenda, Consent Calendar
- Resolution for New Grant Funds
- Determination Regarding Old Records
- Discuss, nominate and vote(?) on new executive committee
- Determine in-person board meeting date and location
- Strategic Plan Revisions
- AAA Baseball events Discussion
Call to Order: 12:07
Review and Approve Agenda:
approved with modifications proposed by Emily, including that the executive committee vote will not be included today.
Unanimously approved at 12:08
Approve Consent Calendar:
Unanimously approved at 12:09
- 2018 Financial Audit – schedule time to review with Executive Committee
- Old records – clear guidelines from grant providers, IRS, etc. on how long we need to keep records, for example 7 years. For many things, electronic versions exist. Do we want to keep documents after those timeframes? Bob moved to authorize Nancy to destroy documents according to the government document management policy.
- Gordon tried contacting Kit Jory, will try again
Discuss, nominate and vote(?) on new executive committee
- 10 votes have come in
- Combine Secretary with Treasurer
- Vote to confirm Isby as Secretary unanimously approved 12:43 PM
- Vote to confirm President-Elect 2023 Emina unanimously approved 12:44 PM
- Vote to confirm President 2020 Daniel unanimously approved 12:43 PM
- Emily to continue to serve as Past President
- Newly elected Executive Committee to commence their terms starting with the April meeting
Determine in-person board meeting date and location
- Next meeting – two hours about the Strategic Plan, that is run through GoToMeeting.
- Strategic Plan Revisions – tabled next meeting.
- Fundraising – as a separate meeting?
- Coronavirus public health orders have resulted in spring arbor day events being postponed or canceled.
- New materials for programs, like webinars, etc.
12:49 PM Adjourn