August 15, 2019
12:00 Noon – 1:10 PM
- Review and
- Consent Calendar Item & Financial Reports
- Schedule Strategic Plan ad-hoc Committee meeting
- Discuss & Determine next in-person board meeting date
- Discuss, nominate and vote(?) on
- Commitments to Silent Auction for Conference
- Hear the new Pipeline Report (synopsis of the E.D. Report)
- Development efforts
- New Advisory Council Application discussion
- Regional Councils efforts and support
- Review new action items (July’s incorporated into August’s agenda)
At Large Board Members: Emily Spillett, Lee Ayres, Megan Shaw, Jeff Reimer, Sarah Gaskin, Elizabeth Lanham, Emina Darakjy
Excused – Nancy Hughes, Anne
Unexcused – Dave Duncan, Laura Burnett, Bob Blum, Gordon Mann, Matt Deines
12:04 Call to Order & Introductions
12:11 Approve Consent Calendar
- Emily moved to approve agenda with
additionof Sarah’s report at 12.40 pm
- Emina discussion of
timingof monthly phone meetings
- Draft Financials sent out by Nancy
- Consent Calendar approved with
modificationthat Draft Financial statements are moved to September meeting
- 7.18.19 Board Meeting Minutes
- Executive Director’s Report – see
- Communications Director’s Report
12:17 PM – Old Business
- ad hoc committee update – Nancy Sappington – not on call.
- Started reviewing, providing initial points for reviewed, updated and changed next meeting
Poll about in-person meetings
in personmeetings twice a day
- one day in length
- 41% rotation between regions, or
north / south
- preferred days for metings & calls; Thursday, Friday, Tuesday
- time for meeting either early morning or midday
- talk about planning and fundraising
- Emily to share the results of the poll
Conference Silent Auction update
Inland Empire donating tickets to Knotsbury Farm to
12:31 PM Pipeline Report – Nancy
Nancy’s report is available online here.
Board Members need to register! Funding for travel available as needed.
Development (Friend raising & Fundraising) – Sarah
Community Park Day in Yountville
Fundraiser for CaUFC sponsored by A Plus. Yountville has had the oldest oak tree removed and the wood has been turned into benches, etc for the community. Tree Circus will be
Promotion items posters, flyers or postcards, ads in
Gordon will call Kit Jory to establish interest level in the board and clear up the ‘advisory council’ statement.
12:43 PM Regional Council Board Members
- STS summer conference on August 28. Planning winter conference at the Huntington Garden – Emina.
- Bay Area currently planning next learn at lunch event for possibly September. Working with Pittsburg for October Arbor Day event. Working with Canopy for a planting event in Foster City.
- Jeff for Central Coast working on behind the scenes organization for the upcoming conference.
- Lee, with Tree Fresno working with regional
foresterrfor a workshop in October. Meeting upcoming to organize a network of groups, like Earth Day, etc.
- Review Councils’ structure? Can be discussed through leadership/ad hoc committee. This may also need to be addressed through the Strategic Plan. Emily and Nancy to follow up with Regional Council members and discuss during Regional Council meeting.
12:51 PM – Adjourned
- Emily – schedule Strategic Plan meeting/catch up. Emily and Nancy to follow up with Regional Council members regarding leadership and structure; this discussion incorporated into Strategic Plan discussion.
- All – complete poll for meeting preferences.
- All – complete Executive Committee Nomination Form.
- All – Register for
conference; send silent auction items/ideas to Emina.
- All – review the Communications Plan/Strategic Plan and identify questions/thoughts for 2019 goals/actions.