Minutes: April, 2020
Board Members: Emily Spillett, Gordon Mann, Daniel Kump, Elizabeth Lanham, Anne Fenker, Magen Shaw, Sarah Gaskin, Jeff Reimer, Mona Cummings, Nancy Sappington, Kit Jory (Guest)
Staff: Nancy Hughes, Deb Etheredge
Emina Darakyj, Dave Duncan, Matt Deines, Isby Fleischmann, Laura Burnett, Bob Blum
Review, Approve agenda, Consent Calendar
Install New Executive Board Members
Finalize date and time of executive committee audit review
Finalize date and time of virtual online Strategic Plan – Planning Session
Determine best Video Software for Board calls
Board Update from Executive Director
Call to Order: 12:07 PM
Review and Approve Agenda:
approved with modifications proposed by Emily, including that the executive committee vote will not be included today.
Unanimously approved at 12:09 PM
Approve Consent Calendar:
Unanimously approved at 12:11 PM
New Board Member Application:
Gordon and Kit Jory gave a background of Kit’s experience and board application.
- Install new Executive Board members – Emily at 12.17
- Daniel Kump – President – 2 years
- Emina Darakjy – President-elect – 2 years (absent)
- Isby Fleishmann – Secretary/Treasurer – 2 years (absent)
- Emily Spillett – Past President – 1 year
- Set time for Executive Committee call to review 2018 Audit – Emily to set up offline. Nancy Hughes added the auditor could make a presentation if need be.
- Schedule Virtual Strategic Planning Session – Daniel Kump
- Nancy Hughes suggests giving this session more time, for example a two-hour session.
- Staff may need to prepare materials for the session
- Emily suggests an earlier time on Thursday like between 8 AM to 10 AM and it should be a video call on GoToMeeting
- Elizabeth would prefer earlier calls and going to a video format
- Magen suggested 10 AM Thursday
- Works for Gordon, Anne, Mona
- Tentative meeting, May 14th, 10 AM – 12 noon
- Nancy, Daniel and Deb to do brain storming to prepare for the meeting
- GoToMeeting as the preferred video conference platform
Board Update – Nancy
- A round of thank you’s to Emily for serving as Board President for the past two year.
12:42 PM – Adjourn